Sunday 10 November 2013

Experimenting with final designs

I am still waiting for my hair extensions to arrive so in the mean time I have to practise on models with really long hair. I am glad we are designing these hair ideas on ourselves because then we know exactly how to style it and what we have to work with. I just wish it was easier to do the style on ourselves. 



I experimented with the two different plaits and what they would look like next to each other and I really like the contrast in shapes that it creates. One thing I realised was that I wanted the plaits to be really thick so they will have ribbon and auburn extension in them to really bulk them out. 

Despite the fact it is tricky to try out the style on my own hair I gave the front section a go just to see what it would look like and here are the results...




I was quite pleased with the result but I am thinking about adjusting the design because it takes a long time to do everything that I want. One thing that I loved was that my hair is dip dyed so it is auburn/ginger at the bottom and when I did the pin curls the lightest bit ended up on the top which was very similar to an Elizabethan look.
Back to the drawing board, I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment