Sunday 10 November 2013

Photoshoot.

Approaching this course from an artistic perspective with a photographic eye enables me to bring that to a photo shoot. Whereas Hair and make-up is completely new to me. I feel like I thought about the hair design a lot more in my final photo shoot because I wanted the whole of the model to encapsulate the idea I was going for.
I researched a lot of mermaid images because I already had the idea of envy being related to green but I wanted to add more to the character in the image. I loved the idea of a fishtail plait because it obviously looks like a mermaids tail. But also a plait is a very rigid and tight hair style and fits with the tension of envy. I wove the green ribbon in and out of the hair to make sure green was flowing throughout.
One of the best things that came from this photo shoot can be seen in the second image. Using the hair dryer I managed to flick the plait up and the ribbon went into a mermaid tail shape which was added feature of the mermaid idea.
With the first image the hair has been blown back by the hair dryer which is a great effect because it makes it look like the model is underwater which is exactly what I wanted.





No comments:

Post a Comment