Monday 28 October 2013

Experimenting with ribbon.



I had so much fun doing this! I came into the session with the knowledge of how to do a French plait but I have never been very good on short hair. I tied the ribbon into the front section of the hair which I found a little tricky to keep in. I find it so odd thinking about how the Elizabethans didn't have access to bobby pins and hair ties... I would not be able to cope. 
Using just the ribbon as an accessory was quite fun because it was laced through the plait. I actually managed to make this French plait start at one side of the head and continue in a semi circle to the other side of the head. So I was so pleased with the result, especially as the hair was layered. 
I definitely fulfilled the Elizabethan look!

No comments:

Post a Comment