Friday 6 December 2013

The French plait



I love being able to say I do a mean French plait on myself and on others. I prefer to do French plaits with long hair because there is more to hold onto and play with. But during my session with Seema where I used ribbon to plait Georgie's hair I think I did considerably well despite the fact she had short layered hair.
·         You will first need to decide whether you are going to one French plait down the middle of the head of two either side of the head, both methods are the same.
·         Standing behind the client, start at the front of the head by taking three equal sections into your hands.
·         Wrap the left section over the top of the middle section, then the right over the middle section and do this down the centre of the head. Every time you wrap another bit of hair over the top of the other grab another piece of hair from each side.
·         The three sections of hair with thicken as you add more hair.
·         Don’t try and rush the process as it will get complicated and the pieces of hair will fall away.
·         Make sure you keep the plait tight at all times otherwise it will be loose and look messy.
·         As you finish adding hair to the plaits you will only need to do a normal plait with the remaining hair.
·         Secure it at the bottom of the hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment