Friday 6 December 2013

Under the spotlight...

It was my turn to do Georgie's look and one thing I was completely anxious about was the hair. I had 45 minutes to create a wig out of a hair piece and make sure it didn't fall off and that you couldn't see the wig cap. I had a lot to think about.
The way I did her hair was by French plaiting the top four sections of her hair and then clipping them into place.
I then had to put the wig cap on which Georgie had to hold so I could get it over her hair.
The hair piece was really long so I started by pinning one end of the hair to just behind Georgie's ear.
I then weaved the hair back and forth over the head and each time I reached a side I would use a Geisha pin to secure it. I found that the Geisha pins didn't hold the hair tight enough so I used Kirby grips instead.
I then used a sponge on top of Georgie's hair and folded the hair over it and pinned it in place. I found with this that the hair at the front kept pulling back so you could see the cap.
With the remainder of the hair piece I folded it upwards and pinned it in place, this gave it an Elizabethan look.
Lastly, I secured some pink flowers along Georgie's hairline to cover up any of the cap.
I think one of the hardest things about this look was trying to make sure I got the hair exactly as we had practised it in the previous practical session. If I were to change anything about the look it would have been to make the hair piece longer because I found it really difficult making sure you couldn't see the cap and that the hair looked real.
I hope I did Georgie's look justice :)



No comments:

Post a Comment